I look out the window and see a tiny other plane wayyy down below, closer to Earth. How vast it is, even up here- right where I am. A reminder that I feel closer to God not because perhaps I’m closer to the heavens up here, but because He is in my heart and meets me where I am.
Sometimes He raises me up above the storm, for some deeper breaths and quiet time with Him. What a pretty, bright place He’s met me at this morning. I am so grateful for such a beautiful and sweet God – who searches my heart because He desires to. He gives me great rest.
I’m so excited to link up again with Anne for Wednesday Wishes!! It almost feels wrong to wish for anything right now, I am just SO grateful for this special time in the sun with my family. Taking time away, especially with those you are closest to, is so important! But if I had to wish for anything right now it would be:
- That time would freeze and this week could last forever
- That the dolphins would come back to our beach (highlight of my day yesterday for sure!)
- That I could continue to eat vacation (soy) ice cream every night and not gain 230497223952 pounds
- That the weather would continue to be as it’s been: perfect
- That my family & I will continue to have the best time together, as well as a safe flight home
- Last but not least, I really wish the rumor that Phil Collins is truly coming out of retirement (and writing with Adele) is true. Fingers, arms, and legs crossed.