Happy Monday, all 🙂 Are we awake this morning? Anyone else in need of a few pots of coffee?
It was a bit quiet around these parts last week and as the week and weekend continued, it only felt appropriate for things to stay that way. I think sometimes life just requires us to be quiet for a bit, to reflect, to mourn, to pray for others, to celebrate a special person in your heart, and to spend precious time with loved ones – and so that’s what I did, all of it. And while my heart still feels heavy for Joey and for Paris and for Beirut, and for the brokenness of this world that seems so loud right now, I’m thankful to have things to be grateful for. I’m thankful to be able to choose gratefulness. And I’m so thankful to be able to share these things with all of you who choose it this week too. Because in the midst of sadness and tragedy, and loss and change, choosing to be grateful is one of the biggest things that always seems to pull me through.
Here are some of the things my heart is grateful for…
- MOVING DAY. TODAY. LIKE, RIGHT NOW. PRAISE. Stand by for an update on these things later this week – I am so grateful for our new home!
- Freedom. Our country may not be perfect (is there even such a place though?) but it’s a place I do feel safe to be in and I’m grateful for the freedom I’m given daily because men and women have and will continue to fight for it.
- This space. I’m slowly getting the hang of WordPress, much thanks to my sweet friend Anne who spent hours helping me through it all. I am so lucky to have met such kind and helpful and willing people in this place we call Blogland!
- Painting COMPLETE. I mean thank you baby Jesus because I think I’d about reached my breaking point. I told Christian that he’s not allowed to bring up paint, the color gray, the color white, Home Depot, or anything else that remotely has to do with painting for a good 3 months. WE’RE DONE HERE.
- Good friends. After a week of having such a heavy heart, spending Saturday with old and new friends for a little Friends Thanksgiving was just what my soul needed.
- My health, my life, my husband. I pray I never ever take even one day for granted. Thank you, Jesus <3
- Our baby. Because he/she is coming, I know this! In the meantime, we wait as patiently as we possibly can and give thanks daily for the little person God has already chosen to make us a family.
- Prayer. I am so grateful that during and through all of these painful things I can pray to the King of Kings who hears, who loves, and who rescues hearts.
I wish you all a Monday that holds enough courage to push through the hard things and hold tight to the good, even if it’s just one thing. Thanks so much for joining me here each week… it means so much to me.
**For all of you linking up this week, PLEASE NOTE that there is new coding for all of the Grateful Heart buttons (you can see them all on the GH page). The button shared below does have the new coding. (Thanks to those of you who alerted me last week! Apparently when you switch to WP, old button codes no longer work?!)
What are you grateful for?
- Link up below and join the rest of us in starting each day this week with a grateful heart. Each week’s linkup will be open until Friday night!
- Link up to your Grateful Heart post and please link your post back to Ember Grey (via link or Grateful Heart button) in your actual post so that others can be introduced to it and link up too. *Any posts that do not have to do with this Grateful Heart topic or those that do not link back up to this blog in the actual post will be deleted.
- If you use #gratefulheart on Twitter, tag me and I will retweet! @embergreyblog