I am a big fan of traditions, and not just during the holidays but year-round. However, I would have to say that my favorite traditions do revolve around Christmas. One of my favorites is watching Christmas movies, beginning the day after Thanksgiving up through Christmas Day. I am a huge movie lover and have quite a few Christmas movie favorites that I have to watch each year. I save these movies for this time specifically and will not watch them any other time.
While I haven’t listed all of my favorite Christmas movies (I told you, I have a ton of them), I thought I’d share with you all my Top 10. These are the movies that help get me into the holiday spirit!
10. The Holiday. “Iris, if you were a melody… I used only the good notes.” -Miles // I love the entire cast in this movie and the relationship between Iris and Arthur melts me every time!
9. The Original Christmas Classics. “Goodbye, Cornelius. I hope you find lots of tinsel. Goodbye, Hermey. Whatever a dentist is, I hope someday you will be the greatest.” -Rudolph // I’m talkin’ the classics: Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, Little Drummer Boy – all of the ones I watched when I was little. You cannot go wrong with these, I promise.
8. Serendipity. “If you’re smart enough, you learn from your mistakes. You figure it out. You… you think. You realize that life isn’t some elaborate stage play with directions for the actors. Life’s a mess. It’s… it’s chaos personified.” -Eve // For one, I love so, so much the music in this movie. I also love John Cusak and will tell you, I’m a (sick) sucker for “fate” themed love stories.
7. Four Christmases. “My childhood was like the Shawshank Redemption, except I didn’t have some old, warm, black man to share my story with.” -Brad // This movie is hilarious. It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve seen it, the scene where Vince Vaughn gags over the baby vomit gets me every time!
6. When Harry Met Sally. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” -Harry // One of my all time favorite movies ever! It was actually really hard for me to pick a favorite quote, there are so many. Everything about this movie, the story, the characters, the actors – LOVE.
5. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation “Clark, Audrey’s frozen from the waist down” -Ellen “That’s all part of the experience, honey.” -Clark // I love Chevy Chase and this movie, even though it’s played on repeat on most cable stations for the entire month of December, will always be a classic in my book 😉
4. The Family Stone. “Calm down. You’ve been drinking Cokes all day.” -Ben // I’ve seen this movie so many times, and I always bawl my eyes out at the end. So good.
3. Die Hard. “Yippee-ki-yay” -John McClane // Yes, I really did just quote Die Hard on my blog. Laugh all you want, but of course this is on my list. I am a HUGE Bruce Willis fan 😉 😉 as well as an action movie lover, and if the action movie includes super bad Russian or German guys? Um, win/win.
2. Little Women. “Don’t be such a beetle! I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.” -Jo // I typically start out the season with this movie, it just gets me in the holiday spirit. It’s one of my all time favorite movies, even though Amy annoys me to no end!
1. White Christmas. “It’s cozier, isn’t it? Boy, girl, boy, girl?” -Phil // This is an absolute MUST. Every year. The dancing, the music, the love stories, the General (gah! tears!), the snow…. I mean, we’re talkin’ Bing Crosby here. Does it get any better?!
So what about you? Do you watch certain movies this time of year?
Which ones are on your list? Do we share some favorites?!
It’s Wednesday which means I’m linking up with my sweet friend Anne from Love the Here and Now for a little bit of wishing, and TODAY – not only am I co-hosting with Anne but I am also a guest over at her blog, sharing some of my favorite things about winter. Link up with us below and then stop by Love the Here and Now and say hello!
Today, I am wishing and hoping that I have enough time to watch all of my favorite Christmas movies, even amidst the moving craziness! Sometimes you just have to MAKE time, especially for tradition!