Anyone else deliriously happy to welcome a brand new week? DUDE. I was in desperate need of a fresh start. And it’s not that we forget, or quiet our voices if we feel led to keep speaking, but it really does feel nice to take a deep breath on this Monday and know that we got through last week… we’re still here… and we can still CHOOSE to be grateful. I’m in, are you? Hey, also, congratulations to Emelia, Rachel, Karissa, Erin, Chelsea, and Becca! These gals won EG’s Infantino baby toy giveaway! If you didn’t win this time, you can find all 6 of the Noodling toys from Infantino at Walmart!
I haven’t publicly taken part in a month-long grateful heart prompt anywhere but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been giving thanks each day. I do think there is something to giving thanks out loud and sharing that part of your heart with others so that’s just what I’m doing here today! Have you made a list this month? Do we share some of the same reasons to be grateful?
In no particular order…
1. The Hallmark Channel. (I’ve most likely lost over half of my readers with this one but I can’t help it.) This dang, sappy channel sucks me in every year around this time. I’m not even saying the Christmas movies are good, but I watch them and I cry and then I scold myself for being such a sap, especially over such a crappy movie. Ah, I love this time of year!
2. Long walks under the trees, with my favorite little boy.
3. Coffee. Because duh.
4. Holiday food. Can. Not. Wait.
5. My son, Crew Xavier. I could fill a million pages with all the ways I love him so… instead, I’m going to tell him so. Every single chance I get. And guys, his smile? Pick me up off the floor.
6. Crew’s birthmom. I tear up every single time I think about her. I am forever grateful for her choice: to give my son life, and for choosing Christian and me to be his parents. It’s the greatest honor of my life.
7. ART. Creativity! WORDS. I was so sad to hear about Leonard Cohen’s passing; I’ve been a big fan of his written words for some time now but had forgotten about quite a few pieces he’d written in his career. It was inspiring to go back through some of them… and so comforting to read them in a time of national chaos.
8. Oooj and Cleo. I think they’ve finally started to understand that Crew is a part of our family now and isn’t going anywhere 😉 They’ve been so good with him, but I know they miss the extra attention. I’m glad they have each other too!
9. Twinkle lights. They are especially wonderful around Christmastime but I am a twinkle light lover year-round too. I have them above my writing nook in my office and the minute I turn them on and the other lights off, I instantly feel creative.
10. Imagination. Stories that must be told. While I haven’t gotten a lot of writing done as of late when it comes to my novel, I think about it every single day. I can’t wait to finish writing it!
11. Good health. Thank you, Jesus, that my family and I are healthy!
12. The Peace channel on Spotify.
13. Our home. I really do love our home, it’s so cozy and a perfect size for our family right now. We still have yet to hang many things on the walls and I’ve still yet to accomplish all of the grand plans I had for each room (#babylife) but even without the extras, it’s one of my most favorite places to be.
14. Gilmore Girls. Yes, I went there. Love me some GG!
15. Hot showers and sleep. (Mamas, can I get an AMEN?) I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wished I could sleep standing up and – confession – how many times I’ve just sat down while in the shower with the hopes of getting some sort of shut-eye for a few seconds.
16. My husband!!! For all the ways he provides for our family, the countless ways he makes me laugh, our shared love of The Office (we are currently partaking in The Office marathon on Netflix), and for the times he takes Crew for an hour or two so I can get things done around the house or write a blog post 😉
17. Growing families! I’d like to wish my girl Brenna a happy Due Date today! 🙂 I also have quite a few other friends expecting babes – both via personal pregnancy and via adoption.
18. Plans. Things to look forward to, both big and small.
19. Prayer and meditation. He meets me there.
20. Sunshine. Gives me life the second it hits my skin!
21. Michael Bolton. Because obviously. I can’t wait to put up the MB Christmas tree again this year!
22. Amanda Cook’s album, Brave New World. I could listen to every single song on repeat every single day.
23. My Indiana home. It will always be home.
24. Wine. Because it just kind of goes together with the holidays, you know? 😉
25. Freedom. To go, to speak, to believe, to be.
26. God’s peace, comfort, and truth in my heart. I believe each person’s relationship with God is unique and incredibly special. I’m grateful that He knows my heart, my love for Him, and that I don’t have to prove it a thousand times over or by doing certain things someone else might do to show Him they love Him. He and I have our own special place, our own special ways… I will be eternally grateful for that.
27. Friendship! My gosh have I been SO blessed by beautiful friends, near and far!
28. Daytime TV. Particularly morning TV. Crew and I have developed a routine, we wake up AT THE CRACK OF DAWN, turn on the local news until the Today Show comes on, until Live with Kelly comes on, until The View comes on. And then, after we get us some Whoopi, we turn off the TV and get outside. But, all of those shows are kind of incentives to go downstairs at 4:30AM 😉 And Comedy Central at night, before bed… so, you know, at like 7:30pm. I LOVE stand-up. (Anyone catch Dave Chappelle’s intro on SNL? STILL CRYING. So hilarious!)
29. Kindness shared by others, for no other reason than to be kind.
30. Family. FAMILY! For my extended family and for my little family right here under this roof, my goodness I am so, so grateful.
What are you grateful for?
Link up with us below!
- Link up below and join the rest of us in starting each day this week with a grateful heart. Each week’s linkup will be open until Friday night!
- Link up to your Grateful Heart post and please link your post back to Ember Grey (via link or Grateful Heart button) in your actual post so that others can be introduced to it and link up too. *Any posts that do not have to do with this Grateful Heart topic or those that do not link back up to this blog in the actual post will be deleted.
- If you use #gratefulheart on Twitter, tag me and I will retweet! @embergreyblog