Happy Monday!! Before we get to grateful heart today, I have a few random things that must be mentioned, must be discussed. (And truthfully, my heart is grateful for the randomness too.)
- For those of you reading EG today from my site and not via email… notice anything different?? 😉 If you’re reading via email, may I ask you to click here & take a look at my blog’s new look?! I love it. Funny how a little refresh can inspire a burst of creativity; my unexpected week away from blogging last week was a nice refresh and now I’m ready to get back to it all!
- Anyone else playing Adele’s new song, ‘Hello’, on repeat? How about with the windows down, hair flying, singing along at the top of your lungs? And how about serenading the mom in the mini-van next to you once you reach the stoplight because you don’t dare stop your singing when the song’s bridge comes along? Just me?
- And lastly, but certainly not of any less importance in this string of random, let’s just talk about the obvious for a moment. I’m finding it rather convenient that the Gilmore Girls revival announcement went live a week after I started watching the show for the first time ever (and obviously falling madly in love). Originally, I was going to make this post today all about it, sharing my thoughts and hopes and dreams for the new episodes but then I realized that I SO don’t want to be “that blogger” who blogs about a TV show on her first ever WordPress post. (But don’t worry – I’ll totally be “that blogger” in a week or so. Stay tuned.)
TODAY, I am grateful for resets that lead to dates with my guy. And not just any kind of dates, but ones that feel just like they felt when we were dating. Ones that involve leaves and pumpkins and light rain and ponchos and corn mazes and colorful trees and all things cliché that remind us of a time when we were beginning to fall in love (with each other, yes, but also with fall – something that happens when you reach a certain point in your life, I’m certain). Fall is a special time for us because it’s the time of year Christian and I fell in love but this year’s fall has been different. It’s different because it feels like it’s the first year we’ve pushed the pause button on everything else going on in life so that we might slow down and reset and remember what it was to be us.
Resets, refreshes, the pause button. Sometimes these things are just what the heart needs. Sometimes these things are just what relationships need and marriages need. Sometimes these things are just what the soul needs. And it’s not always easy, hitting these buttons. Actually, most of the time it’s really hard to push even one of them; it is “simply” a choice. But it’s a good one.
What are you grateful for?
- Link up below and join the rest of us in starting each day this week with a grateful heart. Each week’s linkup will be open until Friday!
- Link up to your Grateful Heart post and please link your post back to Ember Grey (via link or Grateful Heart button) in your actual post so that others can be introduced to it and link up too. *Any posts that do not have to do with this Grateful Heart topic or those that do not link back up to this blog in the actual post will be deleted.
- If you use #gratefulheart on Twitter, tag me and I will retweet! @embergreyblog