Friday Faves: Michael Bolton (duh), flowers, cookies, and YOU.
August 22, 2014
Seriously, it’s Friday?! I thought this day would never come! So here’s some random but super important information for you today… did you guys know there’s a Phil Collins Day? Yes, Phil Collins has his own DAY and parade, which is… well it’s awesome and kiiiiinda weird, but mostly awesome. Christian told me about this a few years ago and then, just this week, I read that Bill Murray is now getting his own day and parade. So of course I had to check to see if there was a Michael Bolton Day (because, why wouldn’t there be??) and while I had no luck finding any sort of MB parade day (although it definitely gets my mind a-goin for future endeavors), I did find this:
In other news, X met me at the train station on my way home from work this week, holding these. (And not that we do the whole ‘point system’ over here but he basically just got 2039572394269q points.)
Also, the grocery store is trying to kill me with these. Check back next week for an official Cookie Dough Oreo tasting special. (No, but really.)
Let’s do a quick little EG recap, shall we?
* This week’s Grateful Heart linkup had the best turn out yet and I have LOVED getting to know all of you new GH linker-upers! 😉
* Lindsay from Bourbon, Lipstick, and Stilettos answered some of my questions on Thursday and she really has me wanting to give the ol’ bourbon another try. (The last time B & I met, he gave me one wild night and this was not a good thing come the next morning, if you know what I’m sayin’.)* Turns out you all are AWESOMEly weird just like me and we’re all Twilight fans. I love you all, even those of you who lied. (And for the few who were brave enough to mention the fact that you aren’t and will never be a Twilight fan, I’ll let it slide just this once because… well, vampires… who sparkle… in the sun.)
I’m linking up with the lovely Meagan from All The Joys to share w/ you all some of my favorite posts from other bloggers this past week.
* With my (truly unhealthy) obsession with coffee, Cassie’s post (from Sage the Blog) 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffee was obviously a favorite read of mine this week. Clearly I need to travel to some exotic land so that I can take my own coffee tour.* Anne from Love the Here and Now had such a heartbreaking week and yet still encouraged us to find some good in the dark days with the question: Do you see wishes or weeds? with a picture of dandelions. That picture and question has stuck with me for the rest of this week… definitely reminding me that it’s all about attitude.
* TJ from His Little Lady is my newest “new to me” blogs to follow and I am loving all of her recent posts – her blog is visually (and creatively) inspiring to me, not to mention – what I wouldn’t give to have her hair!
* Kristyn’s post from Carolina Fireflies: A Heart That Won’t Stop Breaking was so honest, brave, and real. Breakups are so hard, and sometimes you just have to go through the hurt to get to the other side. (Sure wish I could make it go faster for her though!)