Happy May!! I have been looking forward to this month for quite awhile: my brother is getting married May 16th! Plus, I am a BIG fan of summer and I feel like May is the introduction to just that. It will be my very first southern summer, I can’t wait. Everything here is already very lush and green and the skies are that really deep summer blue… it’s beautiful!
This week has been a busy one at EG! So in case you missed it, let’s catch up…
- Today is the last day to link up with a Grateful Heart! Even if you don’t link up, make sure to stop by and read some of the other bloggers’ posts… perfect for any day but especially if you’re in need of a pick-me-up 🙂 (Also? I interviewed my husband & some of his answers were pretty shocking…)
- I would love for YOU to join me & my Tribe this Sunday at the virtual Blogger Pow Wow via Google Hangouts! Aside from socializing and catching up, we’ll be discussing Writing Styles (and I’ll be hosting!) Enter the rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win a seat!
- The One Thing sponsor series is one of my absolute favorite series on EG because I love getting to know another creative on a deeper level. Come check out The One Thing that has inspired artist and creator, Erin from blog coma diary.
- If you plan to visit a coffee shop or café this week, snap some pictures and link up with the Simply Grey Coffee Tour!
Alright I have to show you guys something. So last weekend I stopped by one of the antique stores in our area in search of some old books (I collect old books and put them on a bookshelf in our family room). As I was going through one of the book stacks, I saw this one:
For one, ‘The Lonely Doll Learns a Lesson’ as a title for a children’s book is sooooo sad (because c’mon, leave her alone! She’s lonely!) BUT BUT BUT – will you just LOOK at the picture on the cover?!?! Naturally I took a picture of it, to send to Christian but also #fortheblog and it wasn’t until after I snapped the picture that I realized the bear is “only” cutting her hair…. not cutting off her head like it TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE. I mean, right?! (No, I did not purchase this one.)
Last but not least for today, I’m linking up with Meagan from All the Joys to share a few of my favorite reads from this past week!
- My Selfie by Sharon at Sharon Sharing God. YOU GUYS. This post had me really thinking… for quite awhile. For days, actually. Favorite line: “How do you view your *self*? How does looking through the eyes of Jesus change your perspective?”
- Is Your Story Worth Telling by Jamie at The Celebrating Momma. I love this lady, you guys. Seriously, if she and I lived closer, I know we’d be great friends and I’d stop by her house to say, “THAT POST! SO GOOD!” (What. Too much? Alright so maybe some distance is good, for her sake.) Favorite line: “It doesn’t matter where you have been or where you are going – you have a story and it is worth telling.”
Have a great weekend!