- I am grateful for my family – all of them. While I didn’t get to see everyone this year, I thought of each one of them and gave thanks. You don’t get to choose your family but I’d like to think that if I were able to choose, I’d still choose each one of them.
- I am grateful for craft time with my best gal, my mom. The time the two of us spend together is always incredibly special but when we craft together, we really do just have the best time. We usually end up making each other laugh so hard that one of us pees (I’m not gonna say who it was this time, even though it totally wasn’t me hahaha) and sometimes we get so distracted we don’t even get the craft done, BUT we remained focused this year (for the most part) and I have to say- our homemade candles turned out super cute. So GO US!
- I am grateful for the traditional Bloody Mary Breakfast Bar on Thanksgiving morning. (What, you guys don’t do that??) We wake up early (you know, like 9am), head over to my aunt and uncle’s house where my cousin is waiting with her “famous” Bloody Mary station and literally for hours she makes like a million people drinks. Neighbors even come over for one (or two), while some of the guys deep fry the turkeys outside. (I steer clear from that part.) I love holiday traditions and this is definitely one of my faves 🙂
- I am grateful for a husband who is not only my moving partner, but makes packing for a move hilarious. While we have verrrry different methods to the packing madness, he always manages to make light of what could be a stressful time. Case in point: if you’ll remember from my Box Wars post, we took used boxes from people in our neighborhood who had just moved, which also meant that a lot of the boxes already had things written on them – which… is just kind of weird and feels like an invasion of privacy or something, I don’t know. Let me just say this, I can tell you that some kid named DeVon had a crap ton of toys because I’ve used like 8 of “DeVon’s Toys” boxes… for my shoes. So while DeVon has been a topic of conversation in our packing, I also found the following the other day: One of the boxes that had said “Lamps” on it, was turned into Lambs by my seriously weird (and funny) husband. Complete with a picture and all. Between this and DeVon, our movers are sure to be confused.
Link up below and join the rest of us in starting each day this week with a grateful heart. Not enough time to write a Grateful Heart post today? No worries! This linkup will be open until Friday!
1. Link up to your Grateful Heart post, not just your blog’s homepage, and please link your post back to Ember Grey (via link or GH button) so that others can link up too! *Any posts that do not have to do with this GH topic or those that do not link back up to this blog will be deleted.
2. If you use #gratefulheart on Twitter, tag me and I will retweet! @embergreyblog