Happy Monday, loves! I’m on vacation this week (yay!), so I thought it would be fun to have some of my favorite people guest post on Ember Grey while I’m away. Today’s guest is Anne from Love the Here and Now. I adore Anne. In fact, I wish we lived closer because I just know we would be master DIY-ers while we sip on daiquiris and crash other people’s backyards (among many other things). So, get to know Anne a bit below, say hello, and then let’s link up!
2. My friends. They are my sounding board, my shoulder to lean on, my support group, and my entertainment all rolled into one. Where would we be with out our friends?
3. My home is so much more than a house. It is the place that is truly mine and my family’s. We have so many memories here. It is a place of refuge for all of us in this crazy, hectic life we lead.
|Our home decorated for Christmas.|
4. My dogs. I am the animal lover in my house. I am the person that carries on conversations with my dogs. Pets love you unconditionally and they always bring a smile to my face. They greet you with wagging tails, whimpers of joy, and puppy kisses. What more could you want when you walk through the door?
|Finn and Molly’s first and last professional photo.|
5. It’s sad but true; my iPhone. It is my connection to my family when we are apart. It gets me from Point A to Point B since I am navigationally-challenged. It is my entertainment when I am bored. I can read a book, play a game, or catch up with friends. It is the main preserver of memories for me. Any moment I want to capture in a photo can be done with ease. It keeps me organized. Apps galore keep me on task. It reminds me to do things promptly (LOVE the reminder section of my phone!). It saves me money (although my husband would beg to differ)…hello Cartwheel App!! Technology is such a double edged sword. It does so much for us but the use of it needs to be kept in check. I think it’s a battle we all need to be cognizant of….we should be focused on the here and now, not what is on a little screen in our hands.
I am so grateful for Emily for allowing me to share the top 5 things I am grateful for. I wish her an amazing vacation filled with relaxation, fun, and laughter. Hope you will stop over and visit me at Love the Here and Now!
There are three easy rules for this linkup:
1. Link up to your Grateful Heart post, not just your blog’s homepage and please link your post back here so that others can link up too!
2. If you share your Grateful Heart post on social media, please use #gratefulheart so that we can all find each other! (PS- if you use this hashtag on twitter, I will retweet!)