My dad and I have this silly jingle we sing to each other sometimes and it goes, “It’s all about me!” So if I start talking to my dad about myself, I’ll tell him what I have to say and then I’ll sing that. (And he does it too.) It’s hilarious. It’s also very fitting for today’s post.
Last week, I was tagged for the 7 Things About Me post of randomness. When I went to write this post though I had a hard time thinking of “random” things or things most of you may not know about me. Why? Because it’s me- and to me nothing stands out as weird or random… it’s allll normal 😉 But the second I asked Christian if he could come up with any, he laughed and rattled off about 5 “Emily quirks” in about 7 seconds. Thanks, babe. Always there for me when I need ya.
- I have a (most likely unhealthy) addiction to People Magazine and check People Online literally every day. Sometimes multiple times. It’s kind of like my time during the day to check out and take a break 😉 That’s how I justify it.
- I cannot stand the phrase “nom nom” or when people talk to adults in baby voices. I have been known to quietly walk out of the room if either of these things happen when I’m around. (And then I rock myself in a corner somewhere.)
- I always have to turn the radio/music way down when I’m looking for a parking space, parallel park, or pull into a parking garage.
- There are certain songs I have to play super loud – I cannot listen to them if they’re not blasting. They are, in no particular order (because obviously Michael Bolton is #1): Everything and anything Coldplay (I need the full concert experience, you know?), Gavin DeGraw’s Best I Ever Had, Michael Bolton’s Steel Bars and How Can We Be Lovers (because, duh), and Tupac’s Changes.
- My nails are always painted and are typically one of two colors- Essie Ballet Slippers or OPI Lincoln Park After Dark. (I paint them myself- I only get manicures/pedicures every now and then.)
- Both of my parents are in the medical field and yet I’m the one who passes out when I get my blood drawn. I’m extremely squeamish and cannot handle seeing/hearing/talking about anything involving blood/fluids/injuries/ETC. NOPE.
- I am deathly afraid of spiders. Christian has to take care of this at our house – I physically cannot do it. One time in college, there was a spider in the house and my roommate and I strategized a plan on how we’d kill it, only to stand in front of it for 25 minutes with Raid while wearing trash bags over our clothes, screaming, until our other roommate got home from class and “took care of the situation.” (The situation being the spider. We were beyond help, clearly.)
And there you have it. Everything you never needed to know 😉 (Writing them out only made me realize how girly I am, wow.)
So what about the rest of you?! Do you have any “weird” (totally normal) or random quirks?