Monday! And we’re at it again! What does your week look like? The closer it gets to Christmas, the bigger our to-do list seems to get which makes taking pause to give THANKS with a grateful heart all the more important to me. So that’s what I’m doing today, in typical blogger form – with a list 😉
- Friends! We had our good friends Molly & Sam over last night for a second year of celebrating all things Christmas: yummy food, Christmas movies in the background (Elf and then Frosty), twinkling lights and some pretty AWESOME ugly sweaters. (I promise Christian was present – next year we will remember to get him in the one of the shots, oops!)
- Cheese plates. I mean, anyone else? I made one for our party last night and I am convinced – God gave us cheese because He loves us.
- Amazon. I typically make a trip or two to stores and the mall to get Christmas gifts; I like being around all the hustle and bustle and seeing the Christmas decorations, etc. but because things have been so crazy in our schedule the last few weeks, and because I’m not sure it would be as fun with a stroller and trying to dodge all of the hustle and bustle, online stores like Amazon are saving my life.
- A roaring fire in the fireplace with a flip of a switch. I am loving how easy it is to get warm on those early mornings Crew and I venture downstairs. (Check back on Wednesday for my 2016 Christmas Home Tour!)
- A working dishwasher. Ours broke awhile back (yes, our new one) and we had to wait a few weeks for the fixed part to come in. Guys? “A few weeks” without a dishwasher and a million bottles per day? Horrifying. Our kitchen looked like a disaster zone daily and I’m happy to have everything back in working order.
- Pizza nights with my favorite guys where I watch Christian teach Crew the importance of pizza + video games. (So funny!)
- Safe weather conditions. My heart is still breaking for all the people who lost their lives and those who lost loved ones and beloved things in the TN fires, I just simply cannot imagine. Each day we got rain here in Nashville, I prayed it would head south to Gatlinburg. I’m also learning about severe flooding in other regions and crazy snow in Chicago. Praying everyone stays safe!!
I have some special birthday shout outs today: happy birthday to my Aunt Robin, and my Dad! Love you both SO much and hope you guys have a great day! XO
I’ll see you all right back here on Wednesday!
What are you grateful for?
- Link up below and join the rest of us in starting each day this week with a grateful heart. Each week’s linkup will be open until Friday night!
- Link up to your Grateful Heart post and please link your post back to Ember Grey (via link or Grateful Heart button) in your actual post so that others can be introduced to it and link up too. *Any posts that do not have to do with this Grateful Heart topic or those that do not link back up to this blog in the actual post will be deleted.
- If you use #gratefulheart on Twitter, tag me and I will retweet! @embergreyblog